When you register to the PA Database you are agreeing to these terms and conditions. These Terms and Conditions may vary from time to time
and it is your responsibility to keep up to date with them. No other terms and conditions shall apply or have any effect on their
applicability of these terms and conditions.
Encompass will strive to ensure the availability of this Database however, allowance for system failure or maintenance may be beyond our control.
Encompass provides a web based PA Database enabling its users to interactively have more control of their own recruitment or employment
(Meaning PA employers looking to recruit PA/PA’s). To achieve this, Encompass provides a website whereby PA’s can register and make their
own profile by providing information about themselves that they feel comfortable sharing. Each database user understands and agrees
that Encompass has no involvement concerning matching users to other users: Encompass is only responsible for providing the facility
for one party to communicate with the other and providing support with “safe recruitment"(“safe recruitment” being a safe and legal
process of recruiting potential staff – guidelines provided by Encompass).
A PA is able to apply by filling out the online form on the website. This application will be approved by Encompass before becoming available
on the database. Log in details will be provided sent via email to the PA by Encompass. Once approval is granted, a PA can use their
log in details to edit their profiles when required. It is the responsibility of the PA (on either tier) to ensure that the information
on their profile is correct and truthful. It is the choice of the PA as to how much or how little information they provide on their profile.
PA employers can fill in a short online form on the website in order to submit their interest in viewing the database. Encompass will be
notified of this submission. Once Encompass grant permission log in details shall be emailed to the PA employer to then be used to access
the database and view PA profiles.
4. Our Responsibility
Encompass will respect the information provided by members and will comply with all applicable data protection legislation in force in
Scotland. If a PA indicates in their profile that they are willing to provide emergency cover, they will have gone through the
recruitment process that is endorsed by Encompass, including PVG checks, reference checks and interviews.
5. Your Responsibility
It is recommended that PA employers follow the “Recruitment Steps” set out by Encompass to ensure “safe recruitment” happens. You also
agree tha age, gender or ethnicity data or any other such information provided by an applicant will not be used in any
employment-related decision you make.
You are responsible for any information that you give which must be specific and relate to your current situation. You are solely
responsible for keeping your Profile user name and password confidential and Encompass take no responsibility in this.
All contents of PA profiles are subject to Encompass approval. Encompass reserves the right to remove any users profile at any time if it
is believed to be inappropriate or illegal. It is the responsibility of the PA to ensure all information on your profile is truthful
Encompass may deactivate the accounts of any users who have not used the service for a period of 12 months or more (calculated by the date
of last connection to the service).
PA Employers who register to the Encompass PA Database, will have access to personal information belonging to PAs. It is important that
this information is not shared or used inappropriately. Information shall not be shared with inappropriate sources. Only those who
have registered to the Database and Encompass staff, are deemed as appropriate.
This Code of Conduct defines the requirements of personal assistants (PA) working within the Encompass PA Database. These
standards should ensure that PAs are equipped to deliver good quality services to employers also using the database.
By complying with these standards, PAs are agreeing to be committed to operating fairly and providing a high standard of service at all times
and only deliver services in which they are qualified, experienced and sufficiently competent to carry out. PAs must comply with all
legislation that applies to their activities whilst employed.
Rights and Values
As a PA you must:
As a PA, you must strive to establish and maintain the trust and confidence of the person you are working for. This includes:
- Treat people as individuals
- Respect and promote the individual views and wishes
- Supporting people’s right to control their lives and make informed choices
- Respect and maintain the dignity and privacy of individuals
- Promote equal opportunities for individuals
- Respect diversity and different cultures and values
You must not:
- Being honest and trustworthy
- Communicating in an appropriate, open, accurate and straightforward way
- Respecting confidential information
- Being reliable and dependable
- Honouring work commitments, agreements and arrangements
You MUST notify your employer if
- Abuse, neglect, exploit or harm your employer
- Abuse the trust of your employer, or the access you have to personal information about them, their property, home or workplace
- Share information inappropriately
- Form an inappropriate relationship with your employer
- Behave in a way which would call into question your suitability to work as a Personal Assistant
- You are the subject of any criminal investigation
- You incur any driving penalties or you are involved in a road traffic accident where you are the driver and could be at fault
- Your circumstances change and you are no longer available to work the hours stated on your profile
- You have any other information which may affect your ability or suitability to work as a Personal Assistant
I confirm that, to the best of my knowledge, the information on this form is accurate and that I have not omitted any facts which may have any bearing on my application.